- Peter Strzok had a senior role in the Russia probe investigating Trump associates during the campaign
- He exchanged a series of anti-Trump texts with fellow FBI employee Lisa Page and got reassigned
- President Donald Trump has regularly gone after the ‘FBI lovers’ who were having an affair
- His lawyer confirmed the firing
- President Trump responded to the news and attacked the Russia probe
- ‘Based on the fact that Strzok was in charge of the Witch Hunt, will it be dropped?’
- Strzok also had a senior role in the Clinton email probe, which Trump on Monday said should be ‘properly redone’
- Trump may have foreshadowed the firing days ago when he tweeted ‘Stay tuned!’
- Strzok was escorted out of the FBI in June
- Strzok’s lawyer slammed the decision to overrule the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR), saying it ‘departed from established precedent by firing 21-year FBI veteran’
President Donald Trump renewed his demand that special counsel Robert Mueller end the Russia probe Monday after the FBI fired former senior FBI official Peter Strzok, who had a senior role in the Russia and Clinton email probes.
Stzrok’s lawyer confirmed the firing of Strzok, who was revealed to have exchanged anti-Trump texts during the campaign, on Monday morning.
Trump responded on Twitter by once again blasting the Russia probe that has already gone after several former Trump campaign officials, as well as calling for a re-do of the FBI’s Clinton email investigation, which never charged his political rival with a crime.
‘Agent Peter Strzok was just fired from the FBI – finally,’ Trump wrote around noon on Monday, after news broke publicly about Strzok’s firing. MORE TO READ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6055997/FBI-lover-Peter-Strzok-FINALLY-fired-Trump-hating-texts-lover.html