- President Donald Trump tweeted on Saturday calling current and former members of the FBI ‘clowns and losers’ that have hurt others in the bureau
- He also suggested that the FBI may be hiding something by not releasing former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe’s texts
- In the post, Trump mistakenly wrote ‘massages’ rather than ‘messages’
- Trump later deleted both tweets and reposted them, correcting the first error
- Social media users were quick to notice, though, and blasted Trump online
- His second tweet also contained a typo, where he used the wrong from of ‘its,’ and wrote the contraction for ‘it is’ rather than the possessive form of the word
- He called for McCabe’s texts to be sent to a conservative watchdog media outlet
- What Trump may be referring to in the thread are text messages exchanged between FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page, who had an affair
- They exchanged a text referencing an ‘Andy,’ which may have been referring to Andrew McCabe; If Trump meant something else by the tweet, it’s unclear
President Donald Trump tweeted on Saturday calling current and former members of the FBI ‘clowns and losers’ that have ‘badly damaged’ the bureau’s ‘once stellar reputation,’ in a tweet thread that included more than one typo.
‘…..Will the FBI ever recover it’s once stellar reputation, so badly damaged by Comey, McCabe, Peter S and his lover, the lovely Lisa Page, and other top officials now dismissed or fired?’ Trump tweeted.
‘So many of the great men and women of the FBI have been hurt by these clowns and losers!’
The thread, where he used the wrong from of ‘its,’ and wrote the contraction for ‘it is’ rather than the possessive form of the word, called out former FBI Director James Comey, FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page, the latter of whom admitted to having an affair.
He also suggested the FBI may be hiding something by not turning over former Deputy Director of the FBI Andrew McCabe’s text messages to a conservative watchdog media outlet.
‘Why isn’t the FBI giving Andrew McCabe text massages to Judicial Watch or appropriate governmental authorities,’ Trump wrote on Saturday, mistakenly writing ‘massages’ rather than ‘messages’ in the first version of his post, which he later deleted and reposted without the error.
Twitter users were quick to catch the mistake though, and blasted the president over social media.
‘FBI said they won’t give up even one (I may have to get involved, DO NOT DESTROY). What are they hiding? McCabe wife took big campaign dollars from Hillary people……’ Trump added, in the rest of the tweet about text messages.
Judicial Watch calls itself ‘a conservative, non-partisan educational foundation, promotes transparency, accountability and integrity in government, politics and the law.’ MORE http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6050209/Trump-hammers-Comey-McCabe-Strzok-lover-lovely-Lisa-Page-damaging-bureau.html