- Omarosa Manigault Newman made the startling claim in her new book, describing the aftermath of an Oval Office meeting with lawyer Michael Cohen
- ‘I saw him put a note in his mouth … he appeared to be chewing and swallowing the paper. It must have been something very, very sensitive,’ she claims
- Cohen, who was with Omarosa at the time, tweeted Sunday that he never saw that happen
- The book, ‘Unhinged,’ has come under fire from insiders who say many of its stories are fabricated
- Manigault Newman claims audio exists of the president calling African-Americans the n-word, but people she attributes the info to say it wasn’t them
- She also wrote that Trump demanded a White House tanning bed and mocked Kellyanne Conway’s helf-Filipino husband; both stories are under question
Donald Trump‘s former attorney Michael Cohen is throwing cold water on a claim from a onetime White House aide that she saw the president eat a piece of paper in the Oval Office.
In her forthcoming book Omarosa Manigault Newman hints that Trump was trying to destroy a note Cohen handed him, in order to prevent archivists from collecting it.
‘I saw him put a note in his mouth,’ Manigault Newman writes. ‘Since Trump was ever the germaphobe, I was shocked he appeared to be chewing and swallowing the paper. It must have been something very, very sensitive.’
Cohen mocked the idea Sunday on Twitter.
‘To the many dozens of #journalists who called me, questioning @OMAROSA claim in her new book that @POTUS @realDonaldTrump took a note from me, put it in his mouth and ate it…I saw NO such thing and am shocked anyone would take this seriously,’ he said. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6053089/Michael-Cohen-contradicts-Omarosa-never-saw-Trump-eat-note-archivists-it.html