- Bob Woodward’s latest book adds to the existing literature of dysfunction and backstabbing inside the Trump White House
- The Watergate journalist dug up multiple instances of senior aides trashing Trump
- Chief of Staff John Kelly reportedly called him an ‘idiot’ and compared his job situation to ‘Crazytown’
- Defense Secretary Mattis said Trump acted like ‘a fifth- or sixth-grader’
- Former top economy advisor Gary Cohn snatched a memo off Trump’s desk to preserve a trade deal
- Trump reportedly called AG Jeff Sessions a ‘dumb Southerner’ and ‘mentally retarded’
- Trump lawyer John Dowd urged him not to testify to Robert Mueller due to legal peril
- ‘Don’t testify. It’s either that or an orange jumpsuit’
- Lawyer’s concern foreigners would view potential Mueller testimony making Trump look like ‘a goddamn dumbbell’
An explosive book by journalist Bob Woodward has revealed new accounts of backbiting and insults among Donald Trump‘s senior staff – with some of the most cutting digs directed at the president and his intellect.
Woodward, relying on his usual methods of deeply sourced reporting with use of information provided on ‘background’ – presents White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and Defense Secretary James Mattis each deriding the president’s mental capacity.
Kelly called Trump an ‘idiot’ and said in a meeting with a small group the president was ‘unhinged,’ according to the Washington Post, Woodward’s longtime employer, which got a copy.
‘He’s an idiot. It’s pointless to try to convince him of anything. He’s gone off the rails. We’re in Crazytown. I don’t even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I’ve ever had,’ Kelly said when he blew a fuse at a meeting, according to Woodward.