Skip to content
Trump calls Pelosi to talk peace as he faces Democratic House majority — with some new members wanting to investigate and possibly impeach him
- Republicans declared war on Nancy Pelosi, and she won
- Democrats are projected to win control of the House, according to NBC News.
- It will give the party a check on President Trump and the GOP’s economic policy.
- The apparent triumph comes even as Republicans were projected to keep the Senate, according to NBC.
- Democrats are on course to pick up as many as 32 seats to take the House majority with 227 seats – opening the way for agony for Donald Trump
- He called Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi – now favorite to be Speaker – to concede defeat and praise her for bipartisanship
- But her new caucus includes progressive firebrands who have spoken about impeachment, while the Ways and Means chair can demand his tax returns
- Pelosi, 78, is not guaranteed the speaker’s gavel with some in her party saying they will not support her
- Scroll down for a list of the seats which flipped