- The president focused on illegal immigration during his Saturday afternoon rally at Bozeman airport in Belgrade, Montana
- He praised the 7,000 troops that have been deployed to the border to await the arrival of the migrant caravan en route from Central America
- Trump also repeated a false claim that ‘Democrats want to invite caravan after caravan’ into the country in an attempt to stoke anxiety about the migrant group
- The caravan making its way through Mexico is weeks away from reaching the US
- The rally is part of the president’s final efforts to get his supporters to show up at the polls as the midterm elections loom just three days away
President Donald Trump once again focused on illegal immigration during a Saturday afternoon rally in Belgrade, Montana, as he makes his final push to get supporters out to the polls in the midterm elections, which are now just three days away.
Dipping into familiar rhetoric from previous rallies, Trump boasted about the military presence that’s been ordered to meet the migrant caravan currently en route to the US-Mexico border from Central America.
As some 7,000 troops make their way to Texas, Arizona and California through this weekend, Trump praised the barricades that are being erected along the border, remarking: ‘Barbed wire used properly can be a beautiful sight.’